Posted On Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 03:16:27 AM
Get, Set, Chug!
Here’s an innovative way to beat the killer heat — drown it in a tidal wave of beer! Doolally will host this year’s annual Doolally Beer Olympics 2012 at The 1st Brewhouse (Doolally on Tap) at the Corinthians Boutique Hotel on May 12, 2012. Indulge in games like Beer Jenga, Brew your Beer, Beer Pong, Chug Relay, Beer Pictionary and much much more, hosted by members of BlueBulb.in from Mumbai.
Teams of five (make sure your sixth friend is a teetotaling designated driver) will be given team set, T-shirts, lunch boxes and other necessary accessories to indulge in a host of fun from 11 am to 7 pm. Beer worth a grand total of Rs 50,000 is up for grabs so make sure you choose a talented team carefully, which you can register on games.doolal.ly!
Past teams have had hilarious monikers like Why Sud We Have All The Fun, Beer Pressure, Sober Drunks of Poona and Gabru Jawans so put your thinking caps on. And remember — over 700 litres of beer was consumed at the games last year, so you have a lot to live up to!
• Get out your old scrabble tiles and play the game with a twist
• Each player gets three theme-related words scrambled up in front of them (one theme suggestion is ‘beer’)
• Now a player has to chug every time he/she tries to unscramble a word
• If you manage to unjumble one successfully under the influence, you take another swig and move on to the rest
• Whoever manages all three fastest is the victor!
• There is an ancient Chinese that goes: ‘Man with pitcher, must not draw’. But then again, who’s asking the Chinese for beer advice?
• This is the classic and much-loved game of pictionary, but with a major twist
• How? Well get all the classic elements of the game in place, with something to draw on and the Pictionary cards
• Now what’s different is that you have to chug a glass of beer everytime you guess correctly!
• Try drawing with a belly full of beer — one can guarantee much hilarity here
• This one’s an old favourite but never goes out of style
• Cups full of beer are arranged in a triangular shape at either end of a table
• The objective of the game is simple, one has to throw ping pong balls into the
opposing team’s beer cups
• If you manage to get the birdy into the cup, your rivals have to down the contents of the glass!
• This, however, is easier said that done, since you will be seeing everything in triplicate after a few rounds of the game
• It’s pretty simple really — all you have to do is chug, chug, chug!
• Teams of five line up against each other, chugging their full glasses of beer
• But the twist in the tale is that the next person from your team can start drinking only once your empty glass is placed safely on your head!
• So what you’re going to need is a lot of teamwork and some really speedy chugging here.
• Protip: Make sure the beer glass balances properly on your teammate’s head!