Posted On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 08:49:21 AM
Sources close to Amitabh Bachchan aren’t amused by reports that the mega-star has slowed down due to ill health. “Not true! He is fine.
He’s working round the clock. All these stories about his ill health being the cause for delay are nothing but excuses to deflect attention from the real reason for the delay,” said a source close to him.
In response to Shirish Kunder’s claim that his dream project titled The Common Man has been uncommonly delayed because of Amitabh Bachchan’s ill health, the actor said, “We met on a few occasions and he discussed the idea with me. I have approved it. It is now up to him when he wishes to start the film. Once we are on set, only then can I say that I am ‘doing’ his film.”
The source revealed, “Whether it is Shirish Kunder’s The Common Man, Sudhir Mishra’s Mehrunissa, Shoojit Sircar’s Garden House or Mahesh Manjrekar’s Natsamrat, the Big B has given his nod and is awaiting the final script.”
The source claimed the problems lie elsewhere. “All I ask of filmmakers is not to blame the actor for the delay caused to projects. The Big B is certainly not convalescing at home, as is being made out to be.
This false impression is being created to conceal the real problems plaguing troubled projects is just not acceptable to him. He has never delayed, nor ever will delay a project on health grounds,” the source told Mirror.
Speaking about the twin surgeries Bachchan underwent in April, the source added, “The surgeries were planned carefully. They had been put off until he was free of all pending commitments.
He went under the knife after completing Ram Gopal Varma’s Department and before starting work on the new season of his television quiz show Kaun Banega Crorepati. It isn’t his responsibility if film projects get delayed for various reasons.”